Tuesday, November 15, 2016

It’s a cold and it’s a broken Hallelujah

It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift


Yes, you’ve watched it already. Probably more than once. Possibly more than a dozen times. Possibly even more than me. Yet with each watching there is something so at once wrenching and healing about this. This is the ache we all feel. This is our broken heart.

I did my best, it wasn’t much
I couldn’t feel, so I tried to touch
I’ve told the truth, I didn't come to fool ya


We can never, ever let this man’s bigoted ideology and most hateful followers actions become normal. But we also have to find enough joy in our own lives to keep fighting.

And even though it all went wrong
I’ll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah


We are a week into our new, unimaginable reality. There will be so many more long, difficult days ahead. But I’m not giving up, and neither should you.

p.s. SNL should let Kate McKinnon keep playing Hillary as an angry ghost who haunts Trump for the next four years.
p.p.s. Obviously, also give Kate another Emmy immediately.

7 comments:

Jude said...

Just sending love from France, because I don't know what else to do. Take care.

Carmen SanDiego said...

It's been a tough week

Anonymous said...

A thought I had this morning:

Hypothetically, suppose the sitting president of the USA has knowledge indicating the president-elect is a clear and dangerous threat to the continued existence of the USA. The threat may be in the form of ignorance or malice or espionage or something else. What are the sitting president's constitutional duties? Is the oath to defend the constitution the same as vowing to protect the USA?

WaywardScooterGirl said...

Her wink at 1:07 slays me. Right then is when I lose it.

Anonymous said...

I like kate and don't want to upset her, but I can't help but think her impression of Hilary might contribute to her losing the election as it reinforcing of the image of an ambitious and unlikable woman. To those undecided voters, it doesn't help. One of the lesson from this election is, when facing a shameless and dangerous opponent like trump and the repulican party, don't undermine the other struggling candidates.

Helena said...

Hillary, Kate and Dorothy - lots of love and hugs from South Africa.

Sarah_E said...

There are nearly 6,000,000 signatures on a petition to have Electoral College members vote for Hillary; many can do so without penalty. Dorothy, please look this up for yourself and spread the your findings. Here is my rationale:

The United States Constitution has a policy in place that allows for adjustments when the number of Electoral College votes is disproportionate to the popular vote. Electoral College members are not bound by the Constitution to vote as indicated by popular vote in their specific state. While it is true that some states have passed laws imposing penalties if a member bucks tradition, each member is federally bound only to vote, using good sense and representing the citizens who put them in office. It is therefore the responsibility of the Electoral College to reflect the actual will of the American people. Those people have spoken, and it is time to translate those words into democratic action, not expectation or tradition.

PS: please forgive multiple comments. I truly only hope you'll happen to read this. My twitter handle is @SarahErgler, and that's where I follow you and read your work. Thanks for your time, keep rallying women to speak up!

-Sarah E