Friday, February 12, 2016

My Weekend (Binge) Crush

While others made New Year’s resolutions to eat better and exercise more, I have been all about the binge in 2016. Binge-watching, that is. Fine, sometimes there’s a lot of popcorn involved, too. I’ve considered the start of this year an atonement for missing and/or being late to catch up on some shows I’ve been wanting to watch for a while now. So far this year I’ve caught up on: “Transparent” Season 2, “Master of None” Season 1, “Making a Murderer,” “How to Get Away with Murder” Season 1 & half of 2 and “The Great British Bake-Off – whichever season of that is currently streaming on Netflix. And I can honestly say I’ve super enjoyed them all.

Obviously, they’re wildly different despite “Murder” being in the title of two of the shows. Though, bonus points for “Transparent,” “Master of None,” “How to Get Away with Murder” and “The Great British Bake-Off” all having some super gay elements. So, huzzah for being lazy and watching TV in 2016. I’ll probably get into what I like specifically about some of these shows in more detail in later posts. But for now I just wanted to give a shout out to all this shows. Of course now these leaves me in a quandary. What to watch next? I’m thinking “Sense8.” I know, I know – like I said, I’m atoning. Happy weekend, all.

p.s. I have already caught up on "The 100" seasons 1-2, though am admittedly behind on season 3.

8 comments:

*** GayGirl2000 *** said...

Oh yes, definitely go for Sense8 next. It's amazing on SO many levels - and especially when it comes to inclusion!

Helena said...

I am so glad you are sharing in the joy of the gay elements in the "Bake-off" :)

Tina said...

If you haven't watched it already start impromptu with "The 100", because it's get better and better with every single episode!

Carmen SanDiego said...

My resolution was to floss more often but I have been binge watching downton abbey and will start with The 100 soon.

Aretha Jones said...

Mozart in the Jungle is quite good.

Unknown said...

I second the 100!

Anna said...

Wait, what's gay about GBBO?!?

Unknown said...

Great work DS! I say it every time... Wentworth. Get on it.