Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Endgame

OK, OK – FINE! I relent. I relent. I’ll talk about it. It’s HAPPENING. Santana and Brittany are totally getting married*. Yesterday’ Naya Rivera Dorsey (still so not used to that last bit) sent out a tweet heard around the Brittanaverse.


*No, I’m not including a spoiler alert because once one of your stars posts it for all the world to see, there’s nothing left to spoil.

Rumors have been swirling for a while now about the pending proposal. The fires had been fanned even more by reunion pics of Santana and Brittany awkwardly pretending they’re still n lesbian with each other puckering up together. Just kidding. They look great! Look, their lips are thisclose to touching. Honest!

I’ve divested myself of my Glee fandom long ago. I can’t even tell you if I watched the last few episodes of the last season because I can’t be bothered to care. It’s all just an epic shrug to me now. So I had heard rumblings of all the final season news – going back to Ohio, Britt and San reunion, etc. etc. But I didn’t follow it closely because, you know, it’s Glee – who the fuck knows what’s actually going to happen.

Does this mean I have to care again? Not really. Will I watch it? Yeah, probably – for the Brittana. While I’m no longer invested in these characters futures, I do feel a sentimental attachment to their pasts. So I rather like the idea of circling back and giving them a proper ending. Endgame, kittens, endgame. So, fine, you got me – one last time. Fate has laid a hand, indeed.

2 comments:

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

I had no idea that Glee was still on.

Carmen SanDiego said...

I'll probably DVR it. Or catch it on YouTube. That whole I kissed a Girl reaction from the staff has left a bad taste that still lingers