Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Tank Top Tuesday

Gillian Anderson

So the dog days are definitely here. July threw down a sweltering gauntlet and I’ve never known August as a month to back down from a challenge. I expect sun. I expect warmth. Basically, I expect to sweat. So, then, what’s a gal – like poor, sweaty, sticky, glistening Gillian Anderson – supposed to do to beat the heat? Well, for one, a tank top helps. But I’m sure I can do better in the helpful advice department. What can I say? I’m a giver.

Emily DeschanelSpending a day at the beach is always a cool option.

Ashley GreenePulling at one’s clothing will help unstick them from your body.

Helen MirrenSitting near an open window will help you catch a breeze.

Katee Sackhoff & Tricia HelferRiding a motorcycle will really help you catch a breeze.

Michelle Rodriguez & companionSharing a cold beverage with a friend will cool down your core.

BeyoncéWearing short-shorts will cool your lower body.

Sigourney WeaverWearing just your skivvies will cool your whole body.

Carla Gugino
Carla Gugino
Jumping into the pool will bring down your temperature instantly.

Ashleigh Sumner, Cathy DeBuono & Jill BennettWhen all else fails, just make things hotter.
[Via “And Then Came Lola.]

So, there you have it. Some simple, fool-proof ways to keep cool this August. Or was that hot? Either way, always wear a tank top.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last picture could make me a cup of boiling tea.

And, is it me or does Emily Deschanel bear some resemblance to Tina Fey?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pic of Gillian Anderson. Think I may even have the magazine w/ that pic somewhere in a box...

Watched an X Files Marathon on Netflix and it has really held up well over the years. It's one of the best TV shows ever made.

J9 said...

Ohhhhhh THANK YOU Ms. Snarker for that lead off image - cheered up my day!

L. Dawson said...

I want to be Cathy DeBuono.

folkpants said...

*sigh*

Thank you, Ms. Snarker.

Kristina K said...

I may be completely bias on this one, but I believe Bridget Regan deserves a spot in one of your delicious Tank Top Tuesdays.

http://tinyurl.com/34267f5

I'm just sayin'.

Penny Cillin said...

Helllllooooooo, Gillian! Wow.

Anonymous said...

amazing! thank you!