Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Tank Top Tuesday: Oscar Edition

Say hello to the only time of the year that a tiny bald man gets me hot and bothered. Yes, it’s Oscar time. This morning the nominations were released and many deserving films (and a few undeserving ones) were honored as the year’s best. An unprecedented 10 movies are up for Best Picture. Though, we all know it’s a horse race between the giant blue Smurfs of “Avatar” and the explosive soldiers of “The Hurt Locker.” But enough about that, how about those ladies? All of the actresses have proven their talent through their marvelous performance this year. And, just as important, they all look fantastic in a tank top (or darn close to tank tops). What? Just because the Academy Awards are prestigious doesn’t mean I can’t be shallow. Happy Tuesday, you magnificent Oscar nominees, you.

BEST ACTRESS

Sandra Bullock, “The Blind Side”Helen Mirren, “The Last Station”Carey Muligan, “An Education”
Oscars4
Gaborey Sibide, “Precious”Meryl Streep, “Julie & Julia”
Oscars6

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Penelope Cruz, “Nine”Vera Farmiga , “Up in the Air”
Oscars8
Maggie Gyllenhaal, “Crazy Heart”Anna Kendrick, “Up in the Air”Mo’Nique, “Precious”And, lest we forget, Best DirectorKathryn Bigelow, “The Hurt Locker”

Kick those boys’ asses, Kathryn.

11 comments:

;) babs said...

keeping my fingers crossed for kathryn bigelow!

I'm disapointed that BRIGHT STAR is only nominated for best costumes!


thank you, ms. snarker, for posting meryl's cleavage...
I missed it in IT's COMPLICATED.

;) babs

Unknown said...

Honestly, what is the point? We have like 4 different god damn awards ceremonies for actors and actresses, and the same people win all four of them. Seems pointless.

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure that first picture of Sandra made my heart stop.

Anonymous said...

Kick those boys’ asses, Kathryn.

Woot!

Norma Desmond said...

Bullock, Streep, Cruz... be still my heart.

Anonymous said...

sandra bullock.

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

River Wild cleavage! I hope KBig kicks her ex's ass.

Anonymous said...

(That was me above. Can't remember how to log in! Happy Tank Tops all! Cgrrl)

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely photo of Mo'Nique.

Morcegos no Sótão said...

Ugh! Nine was regular enough, but Penélope was the worst of it! She did the same crazy, hysterical lover role she tends to do most of the time!

I hate the Oscars. --' I can't not follow them, though. :P

Also, I'm gonna be royally pissed if Avatar wins Best Picture. WTF.

MJNuts

Anonymous said...

bulloch is all botox & surgery